With a projected smartphone app market to surpass over US$10B in 2013, I have decided to experiment Android development platform on Eclipse IDE environment as recommended by the Android SDK site. I have followed Android SDK installation procedures as best as I can, but stuck at the missing “org.eclipse.wst.sse.core 0.0.0″ error. I did Google search, but the answer wasn’t readily available… so, here is my post in solving above error.
1. I have Java 6 JDK installed.
2. I also installed Android SDK 12 (per instruction).
3. Installed Eclipse 3.7 (Indigo).
Followed “Installing the ADT Plugin” guideline, and experienced missing “org.eclipse.wst.sse.core 0.0.0″ error.
Steps to resolve problem:
1. Open Eclipse 3.7 (Indigo).
2. Go to Help -> Install New Software …
3. Click Add button
4. Enter Name: Indigo, Location: http://download.eclipse.org/releases/indigo/
5. Click OK.
6. Check Mobile Application Development
7. Follow the dialog and install required plugins.
Go back to ADT Plugin installation, and it should now work.